Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Everyone Loves a Good Coup, Right?


Hey hey everyone!

So I'm reading on this whole issue in Honduras. And I honestly can't decide whether I'm for or against the coup. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on the matter. Usually, I would just hang out in the Van or student room and yell at people until I got an answer. Oh well, this is the next best alternative.

Also, I shan't be present for the first week of classes, as I am headed to INDIA! There's my adventure for the summer. More to come.

Hope life is going well for the rest of you.

Cheers,

Fancy.

2 comments:

  1. Boy do I have a coupinion.
    There is some really crazy stuff going on here in Turkey - apparently the military has been planning a coup.

    They have this constitutional mandate here to keep the political people in line, if they get too religious. So I guess they found this action plan to frame government officials by planting guns and stuff in there house. Now the witch hunt broom is under the other hindside - meaning that the military is on the defensive now.

    It would be great if there was a coup while I was here - but this is just the politicians securing their hold on power against the military.

    But generally, I am pro - coup.
    Especially when done in the name of democracy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that the elections are over here (wasn't going to touch this idea with a 10 foot pole last week), I feel free to comment. Unlike the previous post, I'm opposed to coups, even in the name of democracy. That's my two cents.

    ReplyDelete