Friday, July 31, 2009

Volleyball !!

Dudes and Ladies,

I have finally acquired an application form for Marrika's Fall Volleyball League! We need ten people total, and we have to have two girls on the court whenever we play. The games are always at 10:00 in the evening, but we get the option of choosing the days we play: Monday and Tuesday (usually for really competitive teams), Tuesday and Wednesday (usually for moderately skilled teams), or Wednesday and Thursday (usually for teams that want to drink and have fun). I vote for the Wednesday/Thursday schedule. The league lasts for six weeks plus a champions tournament. The deadline is August 10th so please get back to me quickly. If your not in town and you want to play just tell me and I'll put your name down. There is an entrance fee (I think its about $10 a person... but I need to double check). I'll pay the upfront cost as long as people pay me back in a reasonable amount of time.

Also... I am accepting requests for the name of our team. I have already received requests for "The Diplocats" and "The Ball Slappers". The winning entry will be the one which is most awesome.

This will be a lot of fun... please sign up!

All the best,
Anthony

PS... I sent this to the listserve earlier this morning but it never got distributed. UK's email system is horrible.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be back September 3rd but I totally want in.

    Also here is my suggestion: Henry Kissinger's (insert name here, I like Frakking Cylon personally) Death Squad.

    Brewster: I know it's our trivia name but we can instill more fear than ever now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slots are filling up on the team... there are two positions left as of 9:45 this morning.

    ReplyDelete